Taipei New Horizon. No.88, Yanchang Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110, Taiwan
A HITCON CTF event.
Official URL: https://ctf.hitcon.org/
This event's weight is subject of public voting!
Let's get fun again with HITCON CTF 2019 qualification and final!
Time for qualification is Oct 12 10:00 AM ~ Oct 14 10:00 AM (GMT+8, 48 hours)
Top 10 international teams and top 2 Taiwan teams will be invited to HITCON CTF Final on Dec 14-15. (Onsite Attack & Defense in Taipei)
Venue: Taipei New Horizon. No.88, Yanchang Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110, Taiwan
Type: Attack & Defense ( 4 Players / Team )
- Currently 2019 HITCON CTF Qualifying Contests:
The champions of the following contests will be pre-qualified directly for the final in December.
1. Balsn CTF 2019
2. TrendMicro CTF 2019
The champion of HITCON CTF Final will be qualified for DEFCON CTF 2020.
1st place: $10,000 USD
2nd place: $5,000 USD
3rd place: $2,000 USD
Special award for Top 1 Taiwan team: $1,000 USD
14 teams total
|Place||Team||CTF points||Rating points|
|5||Plaid Parliament of Pwning||8483.960||22.308|
- theme - I really love themed CTFs, it makes each edition distinct and memorable :)
- overall organization
- Taipei is awesome
- multiple bugs per challenge with incremental hardness
- Hidden scoreboard on the second day - this makes no sense, the only outcome is that the competition gets really boring for the players, it kills all the competitiveness and excitement, you feel like solving tasks alone.
- `market` challenge didn't make any sense - it was a total blackbox and pure guessing what's on the other side. This could be a really good challenge if it was about betting on teams' score on the next CTF round. The prices seemed totally random. An example: on the second day everyone had to sell their stock, because otherwise it would be worth almost nothing at the end of the CTF. Yet the prices were growing until the very end, instead of rapidly falling.
- It was too easy to steal other's exploits and patches - developing them on your own rarely paid off.
- Music at the afterparty was much too loud - it was hard to talk with each other.