A Midnight Sun CTF event.
Official URL: https://midnightsunctf.se/
This event's future weight is subject of public voting!
WHY Midnight Sun CTF
The Midnight Sun CTF started as a common interest between Networked Systems Security (NSS) group at KTH, CTF Team HackingForSoju and Saab to promote the cyber security eco-system in the Stockholm region. This is why we connect the Midnight Sun CTF to the CyberSecurity and Privacy (CySeP) summer school and plan to have them each June together.
WHEN and WHERE
The final event is in June (15th-16th) in Stockholm, Sweden, with the online qualifier in April (5th-6th). The final event is hosted by the NSS group at the premises of the School of EECS at the main KTH campus, right after the end of CySeP.
14 teams total
|Place||Team||CTF points||Rating points|
SecurisecCTF is looking for new members. Join us at www.securisec.com
A small, but very nice CTF.
- 3 hardware challenges! Including a side-channel one, with oscilloscopes available to players. That's really rare on CTFs.
- Diverse challenges, with (IMO) good balance between categories.
- Stockholm is a very nice city :)
- Food and drinks provided during the CTF.
- Flights + hotel also provided.
- Helpful and friendly organizers.
- Some challenges had unintended solutions, which made them *much* easier and allowed to circumvent the whole problem (e.g. leaking a flag from env in a crypto challenge).
- icanhazfile (a web challenge) was a bit guessy in our opinion.
- There should be a break for the night during the CTF, so we could take some sleep and a shower. Staying ~28h in the CTF area without those two isn't a nice experience ;)
- The hotel provided by the organizers was in the middle of nowhere, so we ended up with renting something in the city on our own.
- The before-CTF party was quite hard to find, and it wasn't possible to buy drinks, only beer :(
Anyway, good luck with the next edition and hopefully cu there! :)